Saturday, October 20, 2012


Football Season,

the Decorative Painter’s

Best Friend


I love football; college is my favorite to watch. In fact I’m watching it as I write this week’s blog. If you are thinking she’s just trying to get us to watch football, your right; but I really do have your best interests at heart.  Are you able to sit down and paint for 3 or 6 or 9 hours without your significant other complaining about it?  Have you ever complained that he just sits on the couch all day Saturday (college football) or Sunday (NFL football) or both? 
If you answered yes to either of these questions, you need to start watching football.  I know, I know, you don’t understand the game, it’s kind of violent, you don’t know the players, I’ve heard them all.  But the truth is with a little knowledge, an open mind, and a lot of painting to do, football can be the decorative painter’s best friend.

If you take away anything from this read it is this, you don’t have to actually “watch” the football game.   With a movie or TV show you need to pay attention and actually watch the show so you can follow what’s happening; painting is possible but I don’t do my best work when one of my favorite shows is on.  But football has instant replay.  Trust me; your significant other or the fans in the stands yelling will let you know when something important or interesting happens.  And then you can watch the replay, and they usually only last a few seconds.  As a bonus for those of you that don’t understand football, most commentators explain the play for you in great detail.  
You can have it on in the same room as your significant other and paint your little heart out!
Go Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment